Parenting is the hardest, best, job that many of us will ever have. Few of us are adequately prepared as we begin, and it can be confusing to find the best information for our families. I offer several options for parents who would like more support!
- Parent Coaching: Set your own parenting goals, and I will help you achieve them.
- Family Therapy: We can get everyone together to work out difficult situations. Family play therapy gives even young children a voice in the conversation.
- Child Parent Relationship Therapy (CPRT): The manual was written by leaders in the play therapy field. It is one of the best and most effective parenting courses out there. I teach from this material all the time, individually and in groups. You learn the skills I teach graduate level play therapy students, including how to avoid power struggles, more effective limit-setting, how to more fully understand your children and yourself as a parent--and all in only one 30-minute play session a week. Research studies have show CPRT to help:
- Reduce or eliminate behavior problems
- Enhance the parent-child relationship and marital relationship
- Develop responsibility and self-control in children
- Increase children’s self-esteem and self-confidence
- Increase parents’ feelings of warmth for their children.
"[The special play time taught in CPRT is] like medicine--love medicine. It's so good for me to set aside this time to spend with my child. We both love it."
VK, professor, parent of 5-year-old, and participant in recent CPRT training